Monday, April 25, 2011

first birthday invites

Sniff. My baby is officially 11 months old! I can't believe it! I can't believe how far he has come as a little man and how much I've learned in the short months I've been a mother.

It's time to prepare for his birthday now!
(as I explained to my brother, who wondered how big of a deal his birthday was to me--Me: "It's like my wedding only for my baby...minus the budget" Slight exaggeration. But only slight.)

We're doing a teddy bear picnic theme, as he is known to many as little Bear--and I'm started the prep now.Of course I promised myself I would just order invites instead of making them myself, but I'm such a perfectionist and couldn't find EXACTLY what I had in mind....so predictable of me. But it was fun & not as time consuming as I thought it would be!
Here they are: (Please excuse the TERRIBLE pictures...two blogs and fifteen hobbies keep me too busy to work on photography...as all my pics are taken in 2seconds with my iphone... lame, I know)
Envelopes with paw-print&teddy stamps

So the first layer of the invite looks like above photo (tried to include a picture for every month, but it was too hard to decide!)Second layer:

and third layer (RSVP info) tied with ribbon (blanked out my info!)


So that is done! Now for party prep....I'll let you know how THAT goes!
***
Also, thanks to those who prayed Sunday, the performance was something that was hard but I was grateful for. It is not easy to cry on command that many times in a row&mean it! Actors are amazing. But I was humbled to get to 'be' this person for a short time. I will post a video of it soon. I had found out the week before, that the woman I was playing (see previous post) had passed away this January. What an amazing woman she was.

Much love!

PS I still use vinegar to condition my hair, and it's the only thing I clean his toys with!

No comments:

Post a Comment